Free Roof Inspection or Repair Deal
3 Simple Roof Repair Options.Basic / Better/ Premium : Roof Repair Services
- $125.00 Basic Roof R. Service #1. 1hr.
- $350.00 Better Roof R. Service #2. 2 hr.
- $499.00 Premium Roof R. Service #3. 3hr.
5 Steps For Insurance Roof Restoration Claims in MD.
Disclaimer: Art Stone is a Restoration provider only and this is not a legal advice how to file a claim, consult your insurance provider or Licensed Public Adjusters for accurate information.
Allow your Roofing Company or service provider to perform an inspection to your property before filing any claim.
If damages are found then you should report your claim to your insurance company.
Your Insurance Company will assign an insurance adjuster to your claim or You can have your Public Adjuster to adjust the claim on your behalf.
If your claim was valid and approved you most likely will receive the first payment of partially to initiate the Job and here is when you select you roof color.
Once your Roof color is selected and restored the insurance will send the Last payment for you to pay the total cost of the roof.
Enjoy your new roof Installed by Art Stone Home Improvements.
5 Reasons when not to file a Roof insurance claim.
This information is not advice nor legal advice on insurance purposes it is just an opinion of differing previous scenarios related to roof restorations. For insurance direction or guidelines contact your insurance company or license Maryland insurance Public Adjuster.
According to Quote Wizard who provides insurance quotes for the public: You should not file a claim “when the cost of the damage is close or smaller than your deductible amount, you should consider covering it out of your pocket. The deductible and the potential rate increase may affect the worthiness of the claim.”
There are several scenarios when it is in your best interest to avoid filing an insurance claim; however you have the right to file a claim if you believe that something is owed to you. That doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s in your best interest.
Don’t file Roof Claims if these are your 5 reasons:
Your deductible may be higher than the actual cost of repair. For example if your deductible is $1000.00 and the repairs by Artstone to repair your Roof In Maryland will cost $800.00 That means that you have to pay for the repairs and may be a history on your Insurance records for this scenario better Consult your Policy coverage professional.
Your timeline to report a loss is due when did not reported within the timeframe of the incident : When you file a claim you must understand the terms of your policy and how long you have to report a claim to your insurance company. This is very important to determine if you are in line with the requirements of your insurance. Only a professional roofer can determine the aging and Condition of your Roof and since some policies provide a six months window frame to report roof damage by hail or Wind . ArtStone home improvements suggest having your roof inspected twice a year so you don’t miss the damages caused by the weather of the Winter, Autumn and Spring Storms.
Sometimes your insurance coverage needs an endorsement to cover a full replacement value for Your Roof: in the insurance lingo there are two terms used one is called replacement cost value RCV and the other one it’s called actual cash value ACV . The difference between both of them is that the replacement cost value pays for the entire depreciated usage of your Roof and the actual cash value pays only for the non-depreciated Roof. Having said this if your deductible is $1000.00 and the amount of your Roof estimated it is $2000.00 and the actual cash value it’s $500 plus your deductible you will have to pay $500 out of your pocket for the Roof Repairs caused by the Storm.
Filing multiple home insurance claims within the last three years or even before 3 years: filing too many claims on any sort of regular basis will likely provoke a negative impression from your insurance. It is your right to file a claim however is your insurance right to prevent risk mitigation from your loss. Artstone Roof Inspections are always free. Without any pushing we can provide a financed estimate that is affordable for you to replace your roof payable in 5,7 or 8 years. Keep in mind that your insurance is to protect you from prevented losses against weather related damages but not to protect you from the aging and decaying of your roof.
Maintenance is part of responsible ownership and as a responsible owner insurance company expects you to provide the maintenance needed to prevent damages to the property.
Failing to do such will or maybe consider negligence from your part and they may even deny a claim even if you have one. For example Rubber pipe vent fails to stop water after 10 or 15 years and if you have water coming into your attic through your pipes a five dollars gasket cover can prevent the water from coming in the house. And the only way you can spot these problems before filing a claim is the contact Art Stone Home Improvements for a Roof Inspection.
5 Signs to look at when thinking about a Roof Replacement in MD.
Ceiling water stains: Inside Water intrusion through your roof is the worst enemy to any home or property and it does not only affect the property but in the long term may also affect the health of people living in the property by allowing mold to spread throughout. Yellow water marks on your ceiling or walls are most likely signs of water intrusion through your roof.
Missing, curled up or thorn asphalt shingles on your roof : considering most of the roofs are asphalt shingles you should look for shadows on your roof or fallen pieces laying around your property on the ground. For Metal Roof Standing Seam, look for metal pieces missing from the roof due to wind damage.
Heavy algae growth on your roof : Some of the shingles nowadays come with a certain amount of copper granules mixed with the shingles to stop algae spores from growing on the surface of shingles.Due to the oxidation process of copper algae won’t grow in environments where there is high oxidation levels on surfaces. but it was not always like this ,asphalt shingles Didn’t have any means to prevent spores from growing on roof surfaces, so if you see the green stuff growing on your Roof most likely your roof has weakened its impervious characteristics and it may be due for a replacement. There are some Companies offering to shampoo your roof but in reality removing the algae from your roof will not do or improve the permeability of your asphalt shingles.
Signs of worn out fiberglass on shingle mat: asphalt shingles are made of small granules, asphalt and fiberglass mixed to prevent thermal Cracks due to sudden changes of temperatures. The fiberglass allows the shingles certain capabilities of contraction and expansion. But when the fiberglass is exposed because of the heavy granule loss on your shingles fiberglass it comes in direct contact with the sun, and eventually the UV rays Will affect the performance of the fiberglass on the shingles.
Thermal cracks on your roof: Thermal cracks on your roof are very difficult to see from the ground unless you are on the roof. A trained eye can see the cracks or fissures in the shape of spider webs on the roof. This fissures allow water intrusion over the wood or underlayment surface.
There can be many factors to consider that you are ready for a roof replacement but most of them are to be inspected directly by a professional roof inspector or roofing contractor. The five factors mentioned above are something to be spotted from the ground and do not require an exhaustive report other than physical visible signs.
Our roof inspectors at Artstone Roofing and Exteriors are ready for you to call us and inspect your roof directly without any obligation. We Recommend inspecting your roof at least once a year since every winter it’s heavy on every roof no doubt about that so it’s the summer or Hail of the spring can seriously damage your roof .
WHY TPO IS BETTER FOR MY FLAT ROOF THAN SHINGLES IN MD, PA OR VA.
What type of roofing materials you should select for a flat to small sloped Roof Surfaces.
There are many kinds such as EPDM, TPO, Modified bitumen membrane , and standing seam metal roof.
These are the most popular nowadays and each one of them has their own application methods or techniques such as cold-weather applications, hot weather applications, self adhesive applications or bonded Heat welded applications.
What is TPO roofing? : The meaning of Thermoplastic Polyolefin is a single ply roofing membrane that offers excellent performance at a very cost-effective price. Each manufacturing company will provide the best recommendations for the installation and by doing so you keep the warranty off the product.
- They come in different thicknesses, it all depends on price . In exchange for the duration or the lifespan of the product for example there is TPO 45-mil membrane, TPO 60-mil membrane.
- TPO Installation methods: Heat- welded seams provide greater same strength to tape and other Seams. Surface has to be clean and clear of any debris or anything that will punctuate the surface, this is Most recommended on a re-roofing. Some of them can be applied directly over the wood plywood and others may require insulation underlayment.
- TPO has Long term weathering capabilities: It performs very well resisting heat and UV rays.
- TPO May as well improved your energy Cost. Selecting a white color can reduce your energy cost and its highly reflective capabilities can reduce the cost of energy on your property.
TPO roof Provides the best wind uplift performance based on the ASTM 3157 test.
TPO Roof Warranty.
For the GAF TPO product is rated :
Ever Guard TPO 45 mil membrane 15 years.
Ever Guard TPO 60 mil membrane 20 years.
Ever Guard TPO 80 mil membrane 25 years.
Ever Guard Extreme TPO 50 mil membrane 20 years.
Ever Guard Extreme TPO 70 mil membrane 30 years.
The most popular is the 60 mil membrane usable in commercial uses as well residential uses.
Understanding Wind Basics.
Damaging winds are labeled as those greater than 50 to 60 mph Damaging Winds Basics According to NSSL National severe storm laboratory.
They Categorized wind damages based on their Directional patterns of airflow and have labeled them as:
- Straight-line wind: as the name describes it’s the type of wind force that hits directly on straight patterns differentiating from rotational patterns such as tornadoes.
- Downdraft: it’s a small scale column of air that rapidly sings toward the ground
- Macroburst: it is an outward burst of strong winds at or near the surface with horizontal dimensions larger than 4 km and occurs when a strong downdraft reaches the surface. Imagine a strength of water coming from the faucet to heat the bottom of the sink the water is the downdraft and the outward spray at the bottom of the sink is The macroburst .the Damaging effect begins over a smaller area and then spread out over a wider area Very similar to a tornado. This type of wind is associated with thunderstorms When the showers are too weak to produce thunder.
- Microburst: It is a very small concentrated downs burst that produces an outward burst of strong winds at or near the surface. They are smaller than 4 km across,Have a short life approximately 5 to 10 minutes and May exceed 100 MPH.There are two kinds of microburst: Wet Microburst and Dry Microburst the wet it’s accompanied by heavy precipitation at surface meanwhile dry-microburst occurs with little or not precipitation reaching the ground , they are common in places like High Plains and the Intermountain West.
- Downburst: term used to describe macro and micro burst.
- Derecho: widespread long live windstorm that is associated with a band of rapidly moving showers or thunderstorms, may also consist of microburst and downburst
- Haboob: is a wall of dust that is pushed out along the ground from a thunderstorm downdraft at very high speed.
How Hail is Formed according to NOAA?
There are three basic elements that contribute to hail formation.
- Adequate updraft: to keep the hailstorm aloft for an appropriate amount of time.
- Sufficient super cold water near: A hail storm well growth as it travels through an updraft
- A piece of ice snow or dust: hail needs something to grow upon Multi-cell thunderstorms produce many hailstones to grow.
Super-cell thunderstorms have sustained updraft that’s a per large hail formation by lifting the hailstones into the very cold air at the top of thunderstorm where they accumulate more layers of ice.
2 inches hail or larger in diameter is associated with super-cell thunderstorms.
How does hail fall to the ground?
Hail falls when he becomes heavy enough to overcome the strength of the thunderstorm updraft and his pole toward the earth by gravity.
The Speed Of Falling Hail: Hail of 1 inch diameter or less is expected to fall at the speed between 9 to 25 miles per hour.
Hail of 2 -4 inches diameter it’s expected to fall between 44 and 72 mph. Other factors may affect the speed such as shape, degree of melting fall orientation or other environmental conditions . It is possible as well that some of these help will reach 100 mph.
States More affected with Hail in the USA.Nebraska, Colorado and Wyoming although Florida has the most thunderstorms.
The largest hail in the history of the United States.It happened in Vivian South Dakota on June 23, 2010 with a diameter of 8 inches in circumference of 18 inches approximately 1 pound to 15 ounces weight.
Hail con go Unnoticed on your Roof and inpact your Roof Or Sidding with out your awareness Have Artstone Roofing & Exteriors to Inspect your Property for Property Insurance Restotation Claim in MD,VA,PA.